Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Core Values Reflection #2

I think I have shown most success in the core value Critical Thinker, because in my subjects I think I presented that well. In humanities, we had a debate, about the Three Gorges Dam in China, and if it should have been built or not. I was part of the first group that debated. My group was against the dam. I feel that when I was debating that I could come up with different logical explanations really fast. Rebutting was actually one of my favourite parts of the entire debate! Also, we have had to write argumentative essays, and I think it turned out pretty well! 

 I think that I have shown the most progress and growth in the core value Reflective. I think this because I notice with myself a lot that I'm thinking about things a lot more. I'm thinking about why things happened, and why I contributed, or why I didn't contribute to it. Recently I started writing in my notebook 3 questions: 1. What happened? 2. What did I do? 3. What could have changed? This has been helping me just let it all out and think about it. For myself, I know I won't be able to write something everyday, but I think when big things happen, that it's a good place for me to write. It's been helping me a lot and I think that's it's a good strategy for myself. 

I think that the core value I'm most struggling is Balanced. I think this because lately I have been spending a lot of time singing, in preparation for our choir trip, which we will be going to on the 8th-13th. I think that it has influenced me a lot, because I haven't been as concentrated on homework and exercising as much.

My performance in academics changed a lot since the first quarter. In the first semester, I was a lot more scared because I was knew to this school, and so I was a little nervous. Also the settling in took a while. Another reason that my learning changed, is because I know a lot more. With all my knew knowledge, I am looking at the world a lot differently. Now I know about China's Three Gorges Dam, I know about Apartheid, and I have a lot more background knowledge on economics.

Recently outside of school, I have started taking piano and vocal lessons again, every monday. I'm really happy to be back in playing, because I really lost a lot of knowledge because I didn't have and piano to practice on. My teacher is very enthusiastic and I'm happy to be having lessons from him. Currently, I am learning the song "The Climb", by Miley Cyrus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment