Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Can You Speak Emoji Language?

Article 3.
'The Emoji Have Won the Battle of Words'
Link to article.
Can You Speak Emoji? Quiz

Emoji vs Words
What is this article about?
This article explains how emoji's are being used a lot more frequently than words, when communicating online. 

What is the main idea of the article?
The main idea of the article is how emoji's are being used now a days and how they are affecting us. 

Why was this article interesting? 
I found this article interesting, because it explained something I use daily. It's funny how emoji's can be used now a days. "I love emoji because I don't like to make small talk," one woman said. Emoji's are replacing words when texting, and now a days, knowing how to speak emoji can be very important when texting. The website: 'Emoji Tracker' uses Twitter to calculate emoji usage, said that people are averaging 250-350 emoji tweets a second. Something that surprised me even more, was that emoji's are nearly able to be used legally. 'Legal experts have even discussed whether and emoji death threat [gun and face] could be admissible in court.' If that happens, then it clearly shows how much online communication can be used in the real world.

Personally, I think it is amazing how emoji's are being used now a days. I use emoji's all the time. When texting friends, and also for posting things on social media. Emoji's can represent a lot of things. I think that just like it said in the article, they can be used for any situations. If you don't know what to say, you could just put a smiley-face, or a heart. My friends and I can have emoji conversations for hours. Their not that hard to use. I just wonder if maybe the use of emoji's will change our language and grammar rates negatively..? 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rosanne!��
    I love the topic you chose because I use emojis everyday! I agree with you that emojis are used in everyday lives, but I think it would be better if you went deeper in why people use emojis so much, and especially why people in court would use emojis (even though that's really cool). This really made me think of how much I, and the world around me, use emojis so much and how that affects our lives. Maybe it means we use so much electronic things nowadays. Overall, your post was very good and descriptive. Keep up the good work!
    From Camila��

    ReplyDelete